The Supplier Park Development Company Ltd trading as Automotive Industry Development Centre (AIDC) is a subsidiary of the Gauteng Growth and Development Agent (GGDA), an entity owned by Gauteng Provincial Government’s Department of Economic Development. The AIDC primarily supports the Gauteng Province’s industrial developmental aims and objectives.
Its vision is to be the “Leading implementation agency delivering creative, efficient, best practice and value based solutions in support of governments programmes related to the automotive and allied sectors”.
The mission is to “develop the automotive and allied sector to globally competitive standards of excellence through a world-class value proposition which enables effective and sustainable socio-economic growth” in the province of Gauteng.
The AIDC is an implementation agency whose key objectives are:
- Develop strategies for implementation of industrial policy (Gauteng Province) as related to advance automotive and allied sectors, moving gradually into the aerospace , MHCV and heavy equipment (’yellow goods’ used in mining and construction industries);
- Develop and facilitate enabling value propositions to accelerate the attraction of foreign direct investment into automotive and allied sectors in the Province;
- Increase the competitiveness of companies through efficiency improvement and mentorship programmes;
- Development of scarce and critical skills in accordance with long term requirements of the advancedautomotive and allied sectors, through the establishment of focussed training academies/programmes;
- Facilitate enterprise cluster development with particular focus on the lower tier suppliers, with a focus on the creation of sustainable SMMEs and co-operatives, especially in the low economy and informal sectors (especially in Townships);
- Manage its infrastructure as world class facilities, while enhancing and expanding it as a value proposition for investors in the Automotive Supplier Park (ASP);
- Establishment and management of incubator programmes, building on the successful Ford model;
- Develop and implement special programmes required for example green economy development and the localisation of a LPG conversion industry;
- Focus on providingvalue adding support to national government,e.g. incentive programmes support to the dti.
A key driver for the organisation is to provide thought leadership and pursue a continuous improvement philosophy, to keep extending the capabilities to realise what we know is possible and impactful. Excellence is an important value and goal that is constantly pursued at the AIDC. The AIDC prides itself on creating value by adhering to excellence whilst pushing the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
The key message to industry remains: “Your partner in becoming globally competitive”.
Visit www.aidc.co.za for more information
Private Bag X36, Rosslyn, 0200
Tel : 012-5645300
Fax : 012-5645301