Procurement is very old school. So, how do we drive change? If you are looking for a recipe, diversity is the first step, embracing the very thing that makes us human – our differences and emotional connection through purpose and values. This is the future of work across global supply chains because diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are of crucial importance in the workplace.
We need new ways to think about and talk about diversity. Leaders need new skills to enable equity and inclusion in the workplace. Organisations need scalable ways to ensure that their diversity and inclusion initiatives avoid common mistakes and are solid and sustainable.
In this video you’ll find some answers to:
- What is DEI in business?
- How do you turn diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace into action?
- How can you shift mindsets and create inclusive cultures?
This video featuring an esteemed panel, emanates from SmartProcurement’s Sustainability Summit Africa 2022 earlier this month, and was hosted by Desré Hancocks, Principle Consultant – Supply Chain Sustainability and Carbon Consulting, Carbon Intelligence.
The panel comprises:
- Dr Natalie Skeepers, Governance, Risk and Compliance Specialist, Global Safety Resources;
- Dr Faith Mashele, Chairperson, CIPS Gauteng Branch;
- Sandile Khoza, GM Operations Access World & Chairperson for Access World Employment Equity Committee, Access World;
- Elizabeth Tchwenko, Founder and CEO, Auth’Afrique, Cameroon; and
- Olanike Ayomide Mensah, Founder & CEO, Mosaic Consulting.