Changing the role of the buyer from “Quotation Hunter” to “Opportunity Manager”.
Tara Nawa’s Procurement Solution – a new philosophy and gateway to functionality and benefits of serious magnitude.
Below are some of the benefits available to buyers who are using Tara Nawa’s procurement solution:
- Cut workload (procurement/sourcing cycle time) by at least 80% (proof available)
- Achieve savings of between 15% and 75% on the cost of goods or services (proof available)
- Superior market intelligence gained through dynamic, ongoing measurement of price competitiveness
- Seamless contract management
- Automated, web based expediting of outstanding orders with suppliers’ feedback
- Automated, web based Supplier Management Database (including supplier documents management), including cross reference to products, services and brand names
- Automated, web based supplier performance profile
- “Always Visible” electronic buyer performance analysis
- Pro-active internal audit capability via comprehensive reporting (including tender/procurement/contract audit reports)
- Revenue from disposal of surplus/redundant stock
Check out our website at www.webportunities.net for more detail.
Our systems have been developed locally using Microsoft technology. Depending on the level of integration required, implementation and training can be achieved in 1 to 5 days.
Current clients include Absa Insurance Company, Foskor Group, Namdeb (De Beers Group), Skorpion Zinc, Black Mountain, Rio Tinto, Rossing Uranium Ltd, Langer Heinrich Uranium, Richards Bay Minerals.
Call Elmo Erasmus if you need more information.
- Rossing Uranium Ltd. Namibia – Contracts Administrator 1976 to 1989
- Alusaf (Now BHP, Bayside Aluminium) – Materials Manager 1990 to 1991
- Rio Tinto S.A. – Group Procurement Manager 1992
- Strategic Procurement International – Managing Director 1993 to 1996
- Q Data Consulting/Comparex – Marketing Manager (Specialized Software) 1997 to 2000
- Quadrem – Regional Vice President 2001 till Jan 2002
- Rio Tinto Procurement (based at Rossing Uranium Ltd) – Service Delivery Manager 2004 to 2007.
- Present – Managing Member of Tara Nawa Computer Software Solutions
- BComm Unisa (1987, Majored in Quantitative Management (Operations Research) and Business Economics)
- More than 30 years’ experience in Supply Chain environment and systems development